Thursday, January 11, 2007

Graffiti


Lately I've seen a lot of Graffiti and thought, what the heck is that?
What is the message these people are trying to convey?
According to the Wikepedia, Graffiti is;
the unofficial application of graphics on publicly viewable surfaces. It is defined as being "a drawing or writing scratched on a wall or other surface; a scribbling on an ancient wall, as those at Pompeii and Rome".When done without the property owner's consent, graffiti is a form of vandalism and is punishable by law in most countries.

It seems that Graffiti has existed at least since the days of ancient civilizations such as Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire.

Well, I'm not THAT old, but I do remember lots of Graffiti that had a message, was thought provoking or just down right funny! Today it seems that Graffiti is just the bragging initials of some talentless people needing attention!!
I thought it'd be fun to write some Graffiti messages when they meant something!
So from the collection of LibertyBelle - here goes.
No harm intended!!


* Everyone else than I, write on walls. (A wall in Pompeii, year 79)
*Scotland's future is in your hands. (public toilet, Edinburgh)
*Jesus said to them: "Who do you say I am?" They answered: You are the exalted manifestation of the reason for our exsistence, the reflection through which we find the ultimate meaning in our reciprocative relations." And Jesus said: "Say What?"
(St. John's University, New York)
*Before you find that perfect prince of your dreams, you have to kiss a whole lot of frogs. (Women's public bathroom)
*Fight inflation - STEAL!
*I don't swim in your toilet, please don't pee in my pool.
*Be back soon! signed Godot.(English Institute, Columbia University)
*What has posterity ever done for me?
*Women prefer the simple things in life, such as men. (women's public toilet)
*Christine, If you're reading this, it's over between us! (Men's public toilet)


Those are a few from my collection! To be continued......

2 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

How cool is this?
At first I thought you were going to reprimand me for my 'graffiti' blog from the other day. *wiping brow* "Phew" That was close.

Here's one...
"For a good time call 18006569002" ALWAYS FOUND in ladies rooms.

rofl

Melli said...

LOL! Oh, I love Godot! (a mind like MINE would, ya know?) Hehehe... These are GOOD Lisa! Bring on more!

I love graffiti ARTwork too!