Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday Photo Hunt - The Theme is "Paper"

A very important piece of paper!
(More TP facts below photo)
Happy Weekend!
L

Some TP Facts!
TP Surveys:
What 20th century "convenience" is most taken for granted?

69% voted for TOILET PAPER!
*42% say the zipper
*38% say frozen foods


If stranded on a desert island with only one "necessity", what would you choose?

49% of people surveyed chose toilet paper as their greatest island necessity ahead of food.

Do most people hang the toilet paper roll with the sheet over or under?

68% like to hang toilet paper with the first sheet going over the roll, while 25% prefer to hang the first sheet under the roll.

For what other reasons do we use toilet paper?

*Nose Care - 61%, wiping small spills - 17%, removing makeup - 8%, cleaning mirrors - 7%, cleaning a child's hands/face - 3% (Charmin.com)
To cover the toilet seat, cleaning glasses (Kimberly-Clark)

How many people does it take to "exhaust " a roll of toilet paper?

It takes 71.48 people to completely utilize a single roll of toilet paper.

How many days does the standard roll of toilet paper last in a household bathroom?

The number of days a standard roll of bath tissue usually lasts in the most-used bathrooms in the house is five, according to Charmin customers.

What is the average number of toilet tissue sheets a person uses in one day?

On average, consumers use 8.6 sheets per trip - a total of 57 sheets per day. That's an annual total of 20,805 sheets. (Charmin)


Are most people "wadders" or "folders" of toilet paper? (Based on a surveyed crowd of 1,012)

When it comes to toilet paper, women are more apt to be grabbers and wadders, while men tend to be folders. This is according to a Kimberly Clark survey. July 5, 2000.
*40% fold or stack, 40% wad or crumple, 20% wrap it around their hand.
*52% (Men) & 38% (Women) are "folders", 38% (Men) & 52% (Women) are "wadders", 6% (Men) & 6% (Women) have no preference, and 4% (Men) & 3% (Women) don't know. (Kimberly-Clark)


PSHunt




Grab the Scavenger Hunt code.
Photo Theme. Join the blogroll.Visit participants.

14 comments:

Melli said...

WHAT??? LOL! I expected THIS over at Anni's blog! ROFL!!! Now you've got me all discombobulated.... YOU were supposed to show me SHEET MUSIC! Hehehee.... I DO love a surprise, you know! Well done!

MaR said...

LOL, great take on the theme!! I am with the 68% with the first sheet going over the roll. It's the only way to do it!!!
happy hunting and happy weekend :)

Carver said...

That is so funny. Very good entry for the paper theme. I liked your photograph and the post.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm a wadder!! ROFLMAO

Great idea to add this ummmmmm....INFO to the week's theme.

Now, please, don't squeeze the Charmin.

Teena in Toronto said...

Lots of stuff I didn't know!

Mine's up too :)

Andree said...

totally interesting! I'm glad you took the time to do this for us. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I figured that there'd be people who went for that kind of paper :)

Hope your having a great weekend!

Wilson said...

Great photo you got here.. Check also mine here...

http://wilstop.info/2007/09/22/photo-hunt-paper/

Have a nice day!...c",)

Queen of My Domain said...

That is to funny, love your choice and all the facts.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Those are funny facts but kind of interesting. Our toilet paper HAS to come over the top or I change it!! just the way I like it...I was surprised that more women wad than fold their toilet paper!! How interesting!! Hmm!!
Thanks for stopping by today and see my collage of stuff concerning paper. I just could not think of anything else to do!! I love these Saturday photo hunts..Next week is a challenge..ORIGINAL. What do you think that means anyway??

PowersTwinB said...

ok, I'm with Melli! I thought I would see sheet music also....Dang girlfriend, you completely fooled me! LOL...I love you accumulated facts too, of course, I was going to just print them out and take them to the bathroom to read!. Thanks so much for visiting me, you never fail, and I love you for that sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Those are some interesting tidbits of facts and information. Great post for this week too. Have a great weekend.

Janet said...

lol VERY important paper, indeed!

PastormacsAnn said...

Very thorough job on The Hunt. LOL! Nice choice.