Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The many uses of language

Do you know anyone who can talk you into a daze?
People who can say things you take literally?
People you're never really sure of what they're saying or what they mean?
If you're nodding your head, then you have been the victim of sarcasm.
I have never mastered the art of irony or sarcasm. I don't often laugh
when others do and I hardly ever see the humor or get the gist! I DO get satire; especially British satire. But sarcasm often seems to be a way putting others down. Easy points, if you know what I mean.
But, ok, it could just be me! Color me dumb!
Below, I've added a little joke my sister sent me.
Now THAT I do understand!! :)
Click on it to get a better view.
That was just another of my thoughts blowing in the wind.
Happy Wednesday!!
L

1 comment:

maryt/theteach said...

I know a couple of people I could use these capsules on! LOL! :D